Sunday 23 December 2012

Buying my first custom PC experience.

So as the title explains, I bought my first custom build PC from a store and I'm going to tell you of my experience what little experience it has been.

On Friday 21st December 2012, I purchased a reasonable Custom PC. At the price I was willing to pay for a PC. Upon getting home I installed windows updates and a few games had to download from steam, so I went to bed as I woke up 5 hours later and tried playing the games this is where the fun begins.

I start to get BSOD "0x0000003B"  to be exact. I got 8 screens during the night, and just to top it off I also got a Overheat Shut Down. So I take the computer back up to the shop 9:30am on the 22nd December 2012 it not even being 24 hours old. From which he repaired the computer and I took it home again at 1:58pm same day.

Then another issue beings, the CPU goes on fire! not literally but the temp. is hitting 69-72 oC for no reason just earlier that day doing the same processes it was sitting at steady 55 oC. So I call the store telling them and they say bring it in on Monday as they are shut on Sunday's and they will install a bigger fan for £10.  Then it overheats just as he calls back not allowing me to do anything to stop it from being so high temp. from 3:25pm on the 22nd December 2012 I have had a computer that has overheated and WILL NOT TURN BACK ON. regardless of how cold the room is so now tomorrow will seal the fate of the computer!

So we will soon see if I am forced to use my " Consumer Rights " to get a refund or a full repair without costing me more money.

lets actually add up what I've spent.

£430 for the Initial System
£25 Taxi Fares for transporting the system to and from the store.
£10 for Bigger Fan.

Total of :- £465 < That is all I am paying! NO MORE.

As this being my first experience, buying a custom built PC this will go down as the worst experience I have had undergoing the persistent AGGRO this machine has caused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment